Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Huckleberry Finn: Peach Pie

"He can have a rope ladder; we can tear up our sheets and make him a rope ladder easy enough. And we can send it to him in a pie; it's mostly done that way. And I've et worse pies."
-The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain


I wait for peach season like it is Christmas and I am a five year old child. Peaches are my favorite fruit, and I buy them by the case full. This week, amongst several other dishes, we are enjoying a beautiful old fashioned peach pie. And trust me: the pictures look tasty, but they still don't do it justice. 





Simple, Delicious, Old Fashioned Peach Pie
10 Peaches, skinned and sliced
2/3 C Sugar
1/3 C Flour
1 tsp Almond extract
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp nutmeg (if desired)




Toss all of this together and place in a pie shell. Dot with butter, top with crust and bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Lower the temp to 350 for another 40 minutes, and take out and cool. Serve with almond flavored whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.



I wish you MANY slices of peach pie in your future :)

Sharing at . . . 
Savvy Southern Style
Southern Lovely

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this looks so yummy. Makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! I absolutely love peaches too.. how do you peal them so that they look so perfect??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me?! That looks amazing! I do not have any peaches in the house, but my mother just delivered some homemade peach preserves last week. Looks like I am going to have to go get a scoop of it to stop my craving for some of that pie! Enjoy your long weekend! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming up for breath from grad school again to leave my comment for the month! haha! This looks yummy!! And I love the message board below that y'all made too. Too cute! Keep up the bloggin ladies! Even though I don't always comment, I'm reading (dare I admit it, sometimes in the middle of dermatology or physical diagnosis class. eeek). :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...